About Counseling Services
The mission of the Caltech Counseling Center is to promote the mental health of Caltech students in order to improve the quality of their lives and aid them in achieving academic success.
- Individual psychotherapy
- Couples therapy and counseling
- Substance abuse consultation and referral
- Self-exploration, support, and theme-focused short-term group sessions
- Education and training
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication
- Crisis intervention
- Emergency care
Resources about depression and suicide:
- General information about depression and suicide
- Flash presentation on Caltech's safety net
- Downloadable PDF on suicide prevention
- Between Friends - Conversations that Can Save a Life
- Faculty / staff guide to helping a distressed student
Regular hours of service:
Monday through Friday
8:00a.m. - 12:00p.m. and 1:00p.m. to 5:00p.m.
Extended hours on Monday and Wednesday nights: the Counseling Center is open until 7pm.
For emergency, noontime, and weekend response, call campus security at (626) 395-4701 and ask to have the on-call clinician paged.
Contact the Counseling Center at (626) 395-8331 to schedule an appointment. It is important that you let the receptionist know if you feel that you need to be seen immediately.
If you have any feedback about services you recieved at the Counseling Center please e-mail email@example.com