The Student Health and Counseling Center is undergoing facility improvements and has been relocated to a temporary location at 1233 Arden Rd.
This is the building just south of the Young Health Center - signs will guide you to the temporary clinic.
Please call 626-395-8331 to ensure that we will be able to meet your needs in the temporary clinic. If a referral off-campus is needed, we can facilitate transportation via taxi, billed conveniently to your Bursar account.
For urgent concerns after hours or on weekends, please contact Campus Security at 626-395-4701 and ask for the on-call psychologist to be paged.
Please check this page for additional updates on closures as facilities work continues.
The mission of the Caltech Counseling Center is to promote the mental health of Caltech students in order to improve the quality of their lives and aid them in achieving academic success.
- Individual psychotherapy
- Couples therapy and counseling
- Substance abuse counseling, referrals, and drop-in hours
- Self-exploration, support, and theme-focused short-term group sessions
- Education and training
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication
- Crisis intervention
- Emergency care
Resources about depression and suicide:
- General information about depression and suicide
- Flash presentation on Caltech's safety net
- Downloadable PDF on suicide prevention
- Between Friends - Conversations that Can Save a Life
- Faculty / staff guide to helping a distressed student
Regular hours of service:
Monday through Friday
8:00a.m. - 12:00p.m. and 1:00p.m. to 5:00p.m.
For emergency, noontime, and weekend response, call campus security at (626) 395-4701 and ask to have the on-call psychologist paged. The on-call psychologist is a member of the Caltech counseling center staff.
Contact the Counseling Center at (626) 395-8331 to schedule an appointment. It is important that you let the receptionist know if you feel that you need to be seen immediately.
If you have any feedback about services you recieved at the Counseling Center please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org